Sunday, March 15, 2009

Madisons First Talk & Visitors

Well here is our baby all grown up and giving talks in sacrament meeting. Brion and I were asked to speak in church and were preparing our lessons when Madi asked if she could go up there with us big kids. We were a little hesitant at first because we've taken her up there to bear her testimony before and she just froze. But we prepared a little talk and she nailed it. Brion whispered her the words and she did everything so perfectly. No fear whatsoever. I wish our parents could have been there. Here is a picture for memories sake anyways and the lovely pose. I couldn't get her to smile for the life of me.

We also got to see Verl, Julia and Parker this weekend. They were in town and we were able to go to lunch with them and visit for a little while. It was good to catch up and see what was going on in their lives. Madi just adored baby Parker and would not leave him alone. The big sister in her is starting to set in.

6 comments:

The Bundy's said...

I think the tongue sticking out is 10 times cooler than a smile :) When is your due date again...it's getting CLOSER!!!

Candace and Brian said...

I can't believe she talked!!! She is getting so big I can't believe it. I personally loved the posed picture too. So I want to plan our trip to Washington this summer around the baby blessing. Did you say June??? I hope all is going well for you. Love you tons.

Henderson Family said...

I think she always wanted to be up there on the stand with the "big kids," even way back when her daddy was sitting up there:)

Doug and Marilyn said...

Go Madi! That is really impressive. And what a little goober she is. I love her face in that picture!!
I'm glad you had some visitors..that makes things better in a new place. When can we come visit!!!??

The Olligschlager Family said...

Way To Go Maddie! I bet it was awesome. Oh and Owen won't smile for pictures either!

Peterson Family said...

Wow! Good job Madison! You are getting so big and so cute! We can't believe it!